Providing resources, knowledge, experience, and support for parents of elite athletes.
Parenting an elite level athlete is a profound experience. The experience of seeing your son or daughter obtain high levels of success can be rewarding. Whether obtaining a college scholarship, gaining a birth on a national team, a roster spot on an NFL or MLB team, or becoming an Olympian, years of energy, time, effort, money, travel, and most importantly your love and support have been invested in making this dream a reality.
This experience is a journey. For many this journey starts when your child is very young and always ends at some point. Some reach the end of their talent spectrum and can't play at the next level, others suffer career ending injuries, some run out of eligibility or retire. In between there are ups and downs, highs and lows, victories and devastating losses, periods of remarkable success and career threatening injuries.
This website has been created to offer guidance, support, knowledge and hope from the shared experiences of parents who have traveled the road with a son or daughter who are highly skilled at their chosen sport. Interviews with parents of high levels athletes and other resources will address:
● Recognizing when you have a highly talented athlete and how to handle this early on.
● Balancing time, money, and resources when supporting your athlete.
● How to handle success and failure in a healthy way.
● Creating the right training and competing environment for your athlete.
● Helping your athlete overcome serious sports related injuries.
● How to support your athletes recovery and deal with your own anxiety, fears and worries after injury.
● Helping families prepare for big sports events like championships, bowl games, trials, Olympics.
● Creating healthy relationships with coaches.
● What is an over involved parent?
● Handling abusive behavior from a coach or teammate.
● Working your way through the end of a career.